Time to Grapple with That Big Idea?
1. Have you ever muttered, “My head hurts,” but
it’s not a
2. I have, when I’ve been hard at work in
thought and it
seem to go anywhere.
3. So it’s a feeling of pleasure, not pain, when
into place and we sense we’ve made progress.
4. Then might come another downdraft when we
that pain again, though of another sort.
5. That’s the mud-encased seepage toward
clarity, and if
push through the softening, hints of light appear.
6. Delivery then becomes a possibility, yet to
perhaps, another mile to go.
the siren, has been dismissed; as
simplicity—always the best
solution—has been hard-won.
© 2012 Allan Cox,
Allan Cox & Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Labels: Editor, Time to Grapple with That Big Idea, week-30