Stephen Mitchell’s translation
but they’re sojourners, too.
and they may not stay there,
The turtle didn’t say no.
1. I take accommodation to mean service or
with a small sense of obligation.
not negative, but not altogether positive either. It’s
conditional. Time will tell.
3. The mature person accommodates frequently and
fuss. Something good may come of this uneasy
if nothing does, so what? Nothing ventured, nothing
Tao’s message is that the Master is like a turtle. She
makes do with what is.
6. That’s a flexibility lacking in most of us,
at least in the
7. Bottom line, at the least, accommodation is a
© 2013 Allan Cox, Allan Cox & Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.
If you enjoy reading this story, you may wish to order WHOA! Are They Glad You’re in Their lives?
available on Amazon Kindle and in print edition too.
• Kindle Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?
• Print Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?
Labels: Accommodation, Give It a Chance, To Ponder