Sunday, April 14, 2013

Have Fun with Creative Wondering


Have Fun with Creative Wondering


Laced

Sitting up,
laced fingers
resting on my abdomen,
some of the time
my thumbs laced
as well, but
at others pressed
lightly together.
Is this a pose
of relaxation?
I don't know;
it's just a question.
Seems possible
the Indian-inspired
practitioners
who sit with
their hands curled open,
palms up, cupped
or separate, are
more ready to receive,
but I really
don't know.




To Ponder


            1.   Sometimes it’s fun to ask might-be trivial questions of
                  myself when I truly don’t know the answer.

            2.   This strikes me as useful as well as being a pleasant
                  and even amusing activity.

            3.   Upon thinking things over (my behavior), I might learn
                  something—come to know what I don’t know; declare
                  if it matters or not.

            4.   This seemingly aimless wondering might in time bring
                  me to a conclusion that improves my life just a smidgen.

            5.   A flight attendant once told me she believed passengers
                  who lock their ankles at takeoff are showing their 
                  anxiety.

            6.   Is she right? I don’t know, but it seems when my legs
                  are separated anywhere I’m seated, I’m more at ease.

            7.   So that brings me to the matter of lacing my hands and
                  pressing my thumbs together. For me, that’s worth
                  facing.




© 2013 Allan Cox, Allan Cox & Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.
__________________________________________________________

If you enjoy reading this story, you may wish to order WHOA! Are They Glad You’re in Their lives? available on Amazon Kindle and in print edition too. 

  • Kindle Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?

  • Print Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, thoughts, and experiences. This is where you may interact.

<< Home

Find me at Starbucks

Allan Cox Word Art