Roll with the Rhythm of Days
Near seven in the morning,
I sit alone on a park bench
overlooking the Pacific. It is
sporting with my nose. The
against the sullen background
and pounds loud and proud
tousled in vainglorious splendor—
almost matching that of the surf—
1. Even on days when our schedules aren’t full
for, we may begin with a sense of
2. Those expectations may be quite specific
or at others loose, with high feeling or
3. Looking back on my share of such days and
have been elated, merely confirmed without fanfare,
4. Eventually, I concluded this was not a good
way to live.
5. I came to think, “Why not simply wait and
the need to predict?
6. A researcher’s mandate might be “prediction
and let the odds be your guide.”
7. You might also consider, “Let’s see and let
it be.” Less
more accepting, leaning toward what seems like
© 2013 Allan Cox, Allan Cox & Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.
If you enjoy reading this story, you may wish to order WHOA! Are They Glad You’re in Their lives?
available on Amazon Kindle and in print edition too.
• Kindle Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?
• Print Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?
Labels: Abeyance, Roll with the Rhythm of Days, To Ponder