Sunday, March 10, 2013

What Hides in Your Next Small Step?


What Hides in Your Next Small Step?


Gaze

Walking through a small park,
I see a not full-grown
brown rabbit
under a small bush.
I stop
and look carefully at her
and she returns my gaze.
What could that wiggling nose
be thinking?
What do I imagine?
You seem like a nice man;
In a million years
I wouldn't trade my life
for yours.





To Ponder


            1.   When on the way to look up a word in the dictionary, I’ll
                  often stop for one or two others before I get there.

            2.   Astute listeners may say to me that the question I’ve put
                  before them is not the right question.

            3.   I may go to the store to buy a pair of shoes and return
                  home instead with a new sweater.

            4.   I may start out to take a stand on some issue and find    
                  my heart’s not in it.

            5.   The main reason I start doing something may be to stop
                  doing something else.

            6.   Who knew, certainly not me, that I could light a fire
                  under the school board?

            7.   Who knew, certainly not me, that a rabbit could make
                  me re-think my life?




© 2013 Allan Cox, Allan Cox & Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.
__________________________________________________________

If you enjoy reading this story, you may wish to order WHOA! Are They Glad You’re in Their lives? available on Amazon Kindle and in print edition too. 

  • Kindle Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?

  • Print Edition: WHOA! Are They Glad You're in Their Lives?


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, thoughts, and experiences. This is where you may interact.

<< Home

Find me at Starbucks

Allan Cox Word Art