The imagination Hiding in Small Things
1. Carrying a book is one of life’s pleasant
2. Let’s say you pull one out of a bookcase
climb upstairs to sit and read in bed.
3. We become aware of these simple acts and what
to us when we’re interrupted from carrying them
4. Decades ago, a facilitator asked us to cross
reverse the way we always do it. It made us feel
ungainly. Try it.
5. What comes to mind is how much these little
serve to hold us up, even comfort us.
6. Parsing ritual can be an exercise in
7. Imagination is always some kind of coming
Once, a grade-school teacher
dictionary from the school
a wheelbarrow full of coal,
to our cold little house.
© 2012 Allan Cox,
Allan Cox & Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Labels: The imagination Hiding in Small Things, Upheld, week-19