The Struggle That
1. It’s weird sometimes, how we just fall into a conversation with
either a friend or stranger.
pulls the trigger on a thought they want to spend time with, and there’s a
listener willing to take it up.
3. So here’s the opening gambit: Gossip can serve a good purpose.
4. A release valve, she seems to be saying. Lightens the load of anger
that could get to boiling.
5. Realism in human affairs winning out over idealism—the better way.
6. OK, none of us is pure—a constant balm, a slippage inevitable.
7. But habitual, a carcass in the making, one’s own, to perfection.
like a journalistic tidbit,
Later, I wondered further . . .
the load—in the bigger picture,
when it makes me feel cheap—
© 2012 Allan Cox, Allan Cox & Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Labels: The Struggle That Won't End, Unctuous, week-16