Sunday, February 12, 2012

When You Can’t Make Heads or Tails of It

Week 6


When You Can’t Make Heads or Tails of It

Tweets


1.   The situation is threatening and confusing. Where do I turn?

2.   Something is missing, but what? I don’t know. My take on this leaves me limited.

3.   If I got bold, aggressive, easing my angst, I would only make things worse.

4.   What am I afraid of? I’ll shoulder some possibilities.

5.   I’ll do nothing, except stay attentive.

6.   I face it, still, not face it down.

7.   Then something breaks I don’t expect, something else clears, and I see the way through.







Knot

What is it
that troubles me,
that won’t come clean?
It’s an irritant
in itself,
compounding the situation.
If my closest friend
came to me with
the same complaint
I would have
no answer.
I will go to
my own confessional—
try on my innermost
honesty,
then do the only thing.
I would offer
that friend
were he to ask the
same of me:
wait and watch.
As Rilke has written,
see the night
a stone will fall,
a star will rise.




© 2012 Allan Cox, Allan Cox & Associates, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
______________________________________________________








Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your comments, thoughts, and experiences. This is where you may interact.

<< Home

Find me at Starbucks

Allan Cox Word Art